The CIGA consists in a group of top qualified professionals to ensure the objectives and develop the offered services. In the center we find a GIS and remote sensing research laboratory, full equipped with high technological hardware and software for data analysis and cyber-cartography.
- Studies on land use planning, land management and environmental management for sustainable development
- Climate change adaptation studies
- Morphological studies
- Disaster risks assessment
- Ecosystem services assessment
- Development studies on Integrated Water Resources Management plans in basins.
- Territorial and environmental planning
- Study of environmental impacts
- Elaboration of databases, conceptual data models, GIS programs and remote sensing
- Institutional GIS development and implementation of GIS laboratories (data creation, training in GIS application programs)
- Training courses and short workshops in ecological and environmental capacity building
- Training courses and workshops in Integrated Water Resources Management